TEX MEX RICE CAKES
These Tex Mex rice cakes from Weelicious are full of bold flavor—plus, “they’re fun to hold, offering your one-year-old culinary independence,” McCord says. Serve some fresh and pop the rest into Bibago bowls and freeze to have on-hand.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil for cooking
- In a bowl, mix together the rice, bread crumbs, cheese, corn, cilantro and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then add to the rice mixture and mix to combine well.
- Measure ¼ cup mixture at a time and shape into patties.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- To freeze, prepare the recipe through step 3, place the patties in a single layer on a tray and freeze for 30 minutes or until frozen through. Transfer to a zip top bag or other freezer safe container for up to four months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and follow the recipe directions starting with step 4.
Find more great recipes for your toddler at https://www.thebump.com/a/top-10-recipes-for-one-year-olds